(Part Time Position)
About The Role:
Delmont’s Substance Use and Addiction Program (SUAP) provides specific group therapy programs to individuals committed to addressing their problematic relationship with alcohol and/or drugs within both Inpatient and Day Patient settings.
We are seeking enthusiastic, motivated and innovative individuals with the skills, experience and flexibility to work within the SUAP inpatient or Day Program teams.
What we are looking for:
- A team player with a positive, flexible and adaptable outlook and highly developed group therapy skills.
- A vision for excellence and a strong interest in program development and enjoys the challenge of providing quality care and service to people with AOD and complex mental health issues.
- Ability to work a minimum of 2 shifts per week which may include evenings and/or Saturdays.
- A flexible, innovative and compassionate approach to working with resistance.
Skills and Experience:
- Qualified and registered Mental Health Nurse Therapist, Psychologist, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, AOD Counsellor, Group Therapist with a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in acute adult mental health setting.
- Demonstrated experience working with substance use and addiction in a group setting.
- Strong understanding and experience working with a range of theoretical frameworks, i.e., relapse prevention, harm minimisation, CBT, ACT, DBT, MI, Solution Focused and/or Mindfulness.
- Specialist skills in relapse prevention and harm minimisation is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and evaluate evidence–based group interventions.
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and as per the relevant Delmont EA.
- Competitive remuneration, free onsite parking, subsidised meals, employee assistance program
- Excellent working conditions and clinical supervision and support by a multidisciplinary team.
- Workplace training and education.
- All Delmont Hospital Employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 (2 x vaccination / 1 booster) and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Delmont supports a facility-wide risk-based workforce immunisation program consistent with the current immunisation requirements for health care workers.
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed once received.
One can apply directly to Delmont or via Seek: SUBSTANCE USE AND ADDICTION PROGRAM THERAPIST Job in Glen Iris, Melbourne VIC
Zahra Dixon, HR – firstname.lastname@example.org