Thursday, 27 May 2021
With the recent news of lockdown restrictions due to the outbreak of COVID-19 in Melbourne, Delmont Private Hospital will continue to keep health and safety of staff and patients as its top priority.
Effective immediately NO VISITORS will be permitted on site to the Hospital. Only one adult can accompany a patient at Hospital admission and/or for an appointment at the Consulting Suites. Masks are mandatory by all patients and staff throughout the Hospital and Consulting Suites unless an exemption applies.
As it has been the case to date, we will continue to use the guidance material from the DHHS along with input from the hospital's medical community to develop our own processes.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Effective 15 March 2021
Effective 4 February 2021.
Due to the ever changing environment surrounding COVID-19, please contact Main Reception for Delmont's Visitation Guidelines: 9805 7333.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Updated Visitation Guidelines
Posted on 21st December 2020
With the recent outbreak of COVID-19 in New South Wales, Delmont Private Hospital will continue to keep health and safety of staff, patients and visitors as its top priority.
As it has been the case to date, we will continue to use the guidance material from the DHHS along with input from the hospital's medical communcity to develop our own processes.
The following process will be reviewed regularly and is subject to change.
- Visiting hours are: Monday -Sunday between 4:00-4:45pm and 5:00-5:45pm. In addition, on CHRISTMAS DAY ONLY: 11:00-11:45am.
- Visits are limited to 45 minutes.
- Visitors are to arrive 10 minutes prior to the allocated time to assist with the "check-in" process.
- No late arrivals.
- Each patient is allowed a maximum of 3 visitors (including children) per day.
- Patients are to make their visitor bookings with the Ward Clerk between the hours of 10:00am and 3:00pm the day prior.
- No late bookings will be accepted.
Delmont Easing Visitors Restrictions
Effective Saturday 14 November, Delmont will permit patients' visitors to the Hospital accordingly to the following guidelines:
- Visiting hours are between 1:00-4:00pm Saturday and Sunday only.
- Visits are limited to 45 minutes
- Each ward is allocated a maximum of 3 visits per 45 minutes.
- Visits consist of 1 adult and any dependent children
- Visitors must remain at the patients' designated area and no access to communal areas.
- Patients need to make the booking with the ward clerk during the week prior and must provided contact details of the visitor.
These visiting hours guidelines are regulated until further notice.
We like to thank patients and their visitors for their understanding in the importance of keeping health and safety a top priority while at Delmont.
On 29 September 2020, Delmont Consulting Suites was notified there have been malicious emails received by a small number of our patients. These emails have NOT originated from the Consulting Suites (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have received any suspicious emails from Delmont, please DO NOT OPEN and DELETE IMMEDIATELY. If you have any concerns, please contact the Consulting Suites on 9834 3600.
Delmont Expands Covid-19 Precautions
Posted on 23 July 2020
Here at Delmont Private Hospital, the health and wellbeing of all patients, visitors, and staff is of highest priority. In response to the ongoing concerns regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, we have expanded our precautionary measures consistent with the Victorian State Government.
These measures are continuously being monitored and reviewed by our team.
- Mask wearing at all times by everyone in the Hospital and in the Consulting Suites. Please understand if you cannot wear a mask, you cannot enter the Hospital nor the Consulting Suites. No exceptions.
- No visitors
- No patient leave
- Hand hygiene stations available throughout the Hospital
- COVID-19 screenings of patients prior to admissions
- Routine COVID-19 testing of ALL patients and staff
- Physical distancing in communal areas
We wish to thank each and every individual of the Delmont community for their understanding and support in these challenging times.
Delmont Temporarily Defers Visitors
Posted 30 June 2020
Due to the current spike of COVID-19 cases in the community, Delmont Private Hospital has deemed it necessary to defer patient visitors.
As of Saturday 4th of July, Delmont will no longer be taking any visitors booking and no visitors will be allowed in the Hospital until further notice.
This decision has been made with the health and safety of all those within the Hospital's evironment. It is hoped that by taking this step, Delmont will be in a better position to offer
care and support to those in need.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their understanding and patience during these uncertain times.
Delmont Eases Visitors & Visiting Hours Restrictions
Posted 29 May 2020
Recently the Victorian Department of Health announced its plan for the easing of COVID-19 restricitons. This is great news for Delmont Hospital's staff and patients.
Beginning 1st of June, Delmont will reintroduce Visitors and Visiting Hours. In order for all us to remain healthy and safe, there are specific conditions applicable to this exemption.
- Visiting Hours: Monday-Sunday 4.00-7.00pm ONLY
- Patients will only be allowed one adult for a duration of 45 minutes.
- Patients are limited to 2 (45 minutes) visits in a 7-day period.
- Dependent children are allowed visiting in patient's room ONLY.
- Patients have to BOOK in their visitor 24 hours prior to visiting. No walk-ins will be permitted in the Hospital.
- Visitors are required to adhere to their appointed time with the patient. Early arrivals will not be granted access to Hospital.
- Weekend bookings to be completed on Friday before 4.00pm
Delmont is continuing to practice safe distancing and hygiene protocol throughout the Hospital. We have recently installed Thermal Camera Temperature screening at both Main and Lower Ground Receptions for the ease of all patients, staff and visitors.
The health and safety of our patients and the Delmont community is our top priority.
Delmont is prepared and ready to care for patients throughout the Hospital and the outpaitent services.
Delmont PERSERVES Extra Precaution for New Admissions, Staff and Doctors
Posted on: 18 May 2020
The health and safety of our patients and the Delmont Community is our main concern.
As restrictions begin to ease, Delmont will continue to administer COVID -19 testing for: ALL new admissions within a 24-hour period and staff and doctors. No one can enter Delmont without their temperature being taken and identified.
Delmont Private Hospital continues to accept and provide care for patients throughout the Hospital and Outpatient services during this time. Our staff members and patients are meticulous in practicing STANDARD PRECAUTIONS (PPE) determined by the Victorian Health Guidelines.
As part of our COVID-19 prevention, we have established telehealth services for our day patients. Please click here for the Australian Department Telehealth Services Consumer FACT SHEET for more details.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the relevant department:
Consulting Suites Enquiries: (03) 9834 3600
Inpatient Admissions Enquiries: (03) 9805 7390
Day Programs Enquiries: (03) 9805 7370
Delmont Continues to Enforce Strict Safety Infection Control and Social Distancing
Posted on: 30 April 2020
Delmont wants to reassure you we are operating as per normal while we adhere to the current Health Department’s guidelines.
Throughout the Hospital and Consulting Suites ALL COVID-19 precautions are taking place:
- Social/Physical distance is maintained (1.5 metres between each person).
- Upon entry, all patients have their temperature taken and must answer screening questions.
- No visitors are permitted anytime in the Hospital.
- No leave is permitted for inpatients while staying at the Hospital.
- A carer may accompany a patient to the Hospital’s entrance door for admission but will not be permitted entry.
- Only one carer is allowed to accompany a patient to the Consulting Suites’ consultation.
- Hand hygiene is encouraged at every entry point.
- We regularly disinfectant high contact public areas.
For any queries, please contact the relevant department:
- Consulting Suites: (03) 99834 3600
- Inpatient Admissions: (03) 9805 7390
- Day Programs: (03) 9805 7370
COVID 19 Update
Posted on: 17 April 2020
Delmont Hospital will continue to operate as per normal with the following exception:
NO VISITORS ARE PERMITTED ON SITE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
The health and safety of our patients and the Delmont Community is our main concern.
This action is being taken to mitigate the risk of acquiring or transmitting COVID-19.
Thanking the community
Posted on: 2 April 2020
Delmont wishes to thank the local community for their patience and support during this challenging time. In this time of need, it is great to see local companies and community organizations support each other.
Thank you to Hadar at No Touch Thermometer for donating a ‘no contact thermometer’ to the hospital to assist with our COVID 19 screening. This effort has provided ongoing health and safety for all.
Delmont celebrates of 50 years of Your Care in Mind
Posted on: 16 April 2019
Delmont Private Hospital is proud to commemorate 50 years of patient care in mental health and supporting our medical and general communities. Our services consist of inpatient services, group therapy programs and consultations with mental health specialists.
We recognize the growing demand for private individual care by our most recent redevelopment in 2012 with an increase to an 88-bed facility. In addition, we currently have over 55+ mental health specialists and 55+ group therapy programs for your patients’ needs.
Whilst we reflect on this historical milestone of 50 years, we also look to the future. Delmont values all relationships established over the many years. It is from these relationships that we can identify and discuss new concepts for the benefit of all mental health patients both now and in the future.
Best Practice Australia Applauds Delmont's Culture
As a leading provider of mental health services, Delmont Private Hospital has been recognised by Best Practice Australia as having a culture of success.
An independent staff survey in November 2018 conducted by Best Practice Australia found Delmont Private Hospital rated 106 times above all Benchmarking Norms.
Delmont Private is an 88-bed facility with more than 50 mental health specialists and undertakes more than 55 different group therapy programs. The Hospital has 250 employees across its location that serves Melbourne’s east.
The survey revealed Delmont Private achieved a 70% level of engagement with their culture of success and was recognised with these best scoring attributes:
Delmont provides effective support services to their client base.
Delmont's workplace is free from sexual harassment.
In respect to Gender Equality, supervisors/managers genuinely support equality between men and women.
Delmont is focused on meeting the needs of the clients its serves.
Positive hospital culture
Delmont values itself as a high-profile leader in the provision of private mental health services. It aims to incorporate values of professionalism, integrity, flexibility and compassion in relationships within Delmont as well as with its patients.
The results show an improvement from the previous survey and demonstrate that Delmont is a “Truly Great Place to Work”, according to Best Practice Australia.
Best Practice Australia, an independent Australian research company, is one of the leading providers of engagement surveys. The results produced from this particular survey are generally accepted as superior to those achieved by other means and are accepted as the standard way of complying with ethical requirements.
Delmont Private Hospital utilises Best Practice Australia to provide quality results that ensure quality standards are maintained and to optimise opportunities on the outcomes.
This survey validates Delmont’s staff allegiance to its culture in providing best optimal care for their patients as well as in making Delmont a truly great place to work.