For your convenience, here is a list of the most common questions that is asked by patients and visitors. If there are any other questions that do not appear on this list, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Who is the person I speak to regarding hospital complaints?

All complaints received at Delmont Private are taken seriously and will be addressed accordingly. If need be, please send all complaints in writing to the COMPLAINTS OFFICER at Delmont Private 300 Warrigal Road Glen Iris VIC 3146.

Who will be responsible for my care whilst I am at Delmont?

Our team of skilled professionals comprises the following:

  • Consultant Psychiatrists
  • Nursing Staff
  • Nurse Therapists
  • Social Workers
  • Psychologists
  • Occupational & Creative Arts Therapist

Is there on-site parking available at Delmont?

On site parking is available at Delmont for visitors only. People attending the inpatient service are not to drive their cars to hospital.

Is Delmont accessible by public transport?

Yes Delmont is very accessible by tram, bus and train. We are situated on Warrigal Road (See the Contacts page for exact location.)
Bus - No. 700 Box Hill Station to Oakleigh Station.
Tram - No. 75 Spencer St, City, to East Burwood.

What do I need to bring with me to the Day Program?

Make sure you wear comfortable clothes and footwear so you will not be restricted in movement or relaxation programs.
You will also need to bring your private health fund contribution card, Department of Veterans Affairs, Traffic Accident Corporation or Work Cover details with you. Please do not bring large amounts of money or valuables to the Day Program.

How do I go about being admitted to the Day Program Service?

You gain access to the Delmont Day Program via:

  • Referral from a psychiatrist accredited with Delmont.
  • Referral from your general practitioner and we will link you with a Delmont accredited psychiatrist.

When can my family/friends visit me?

Currently a NO Visitors policy is in place due to the guidelines from Victorian Health on COVID management. 

How long will I be in the Inpatient Service for?

The duration of your stay will depend on your particular problem, your response to treatment and your psychiatrist's treatment plan.

Can I bring my own food?

Due to the Australian Health and Safety regulations, outside food brought into the hospital (patient's room) is not permitted.

Can I bring my mobile phone, laptops and/or IPOD?

Mobile phones. Laptops and iPods are permitted only in the privacy of the patient’s room and not in public areas within the hospital. One is not permitted to take photos, videos or audio recordings of other patients, employees or doctors at any time. Please note, Wi-Fi access is available in patient’s rooms. Delmont Private Hospital does not accept any responsibility or liability for your mobile phones, laptops or iPads.

What will I need to bring with me if I am to be admitted as an inpatient?

  • Private hospital insurance membership contribution book or card
  • Department of Veteran Affairs, Traffic Accident Corporation or Work Cover details if applicable.
  • Any current medication and prescriptions
  • Pensioner Entitlements Card and Record
  • Night attire, dressing gown and slippers
  • Comfortable shoes and casual clothing
  • Personal toilet articles
  • Medicare Card
  • Hair Dryers are available at the hospital for personal use.
  • Daily newspapers can be organised for you. Please inquire at reception. The cost of newspapers will be billed directly to your account.
  • Please do not bring large sums of money or valuables with you. A purse safe is available on request.

Do I need private health insurance to access Delmont's range of services?

Private health insurance is recommended. Any queries about cost can be discussed with our Health Fund Co-ordinator on (03) 9805 7353 during business hours or with our Hospital Co-ordinator on duty after hours on (03) 9805 7333.

How do I get a referral fom my General Practitioner?

Make an appointment to see your General Practitioner and discuss your concerns. If a referral to a psychiatrist is seen as the most appropriate course of action, a letter of referral will be written.

How do I get an appointment with a Psychiatrist?

To see a Delmont Accredited Psychiatrist you must first have a referral from a General Pracitioner. You or your GP will then need to contact the psychiatrist's rooms to make an appointment time. Remember to take your referral letter with you to your appointment.

Where are the Consulting Suites?

It depends upon which doctor you are seeking. There are two Consulting Suites for the Delmont Psychiatrists. The Warrigal Road Rooms are located at 300 Warrigal Road 2nd floor Glen Iris and the other, Madeline Street Rooms is located on the corner of Warrigal Road and Madeline Street in Glen Iris. Its entrance is on Madeline Street