Full Time / Part Time
Delmont Private Hospital is an accredited sponsor and independently owned private mental health facility in Glen Iris. As a leader in mental health care and treatment of addictions, we provide a broad range of therapeutic programs that focus on the patient’s individual needs. The Hospital is a fully accredited 88-bed specialist facility and has Consulting Suites that maintain 55+ mental health specialists.
We have Full Time positions available and will consider Part Time.
About The Role:
To be accountable for and perform the primary functions of a Registered Nurse in assessing, planning, directing and evaluating the delivery of quality care for all patients in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team. Provide direct care in controlled patient situations and perform established nursing procedures for individuals or groups of patients.
What we are looking for:
- Performs comprehensive nursing procedures at a competent level. These include administration of medication, CPR, individual and group counselling, co-ordination of patient management and discharge planning.
- Implements nursing care based on the patient care plan and in consultation with other members of the clinical team.
- Teach and support patients and their families/significant others with particular emphasis on understanding and preventing psychiatric problems.
- Implement and evaluate treatment programs to meet changing patient needs in conjunction with the patient’s Treating Doctor, the Clinical Team and the Patient, Family and or Carer
- Demonstrates and displays a thorough understanding of mental health nursing skills
- Has an understanding and demonstrates knowledge of legislation guidelines and directives which lead and promote best nursing practice
- Utilises comprehensive skills in verbal and written communication
- Displays competency in medication management and knowledge
- Maintains work practices following established Policies and Procedures and ensures contemporary knowledge of these.
- Ensures that all documentation is maintained accurately and according to hospital policy and legal requirements
Skills and Experience:
- Mental Health Qualifications: Diploma, Certificate or Masters
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a mental health setting
- Flexible working hours, strong communication and teamwork skills
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and as per the relevant Delmont EA.
- $75,000 - $95,000 (dependant on years of experience) - base rate with relevant penalties
- Competitive remuneration, free onsite parking, subsidised meals, employee assistance program
- Excellent working conditions and support from a multi-disciplinary team
- All Delmont Hospital Employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 (2 x vaccination / 1 booster) and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Delmont supports a facility-wide risk-based workforce immunisation program consistent with the current immunisation requirements for health care workers.
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed once received.
Zahra Dixon, HR – firstname.lastname@example.org