CREATIVE ARTS THERAPIST -GROUP THERAPIST
Permanent part time position, 2 days a week Wednesday and Thursday
Delmont Private Hospital is an 88 bed private mental health facility with an extensive Inpatient, Day Program, Outreach and Specialist Consulting Suite. The Inpatient Therapy Program offers specific group programs to patients across General Acute Adult Psychiatry, as well as for Young Adults (18-25), Substance Abuse and Addiction and Aged Psychiatry.
We are seeking a Creative Arts Group Therapist, 2 days a week, to join our Inpatient Therapy Team. Must be available to work Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Suitable applicants need a vision for excellence, a passion for providing quality care and be able to meet the challenges of complex mental health issues. You must be team player with a positive, flexible and adaptable outlook. Highly developed group therapy skills, as well as a strong theoretical base in MI, CBT, ACT, Mindfulness and DBT.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Completed Master of Art Therapy
- Eligible for ANZATA Membership
- Previous experience working with adult mental health with a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in acute adult mental health setting.
- Ability to develop, deliver and evaluate evidence based arts therapy groups
- A demonstrated understanding of psychological frameworks including CBT, ACT, DBT, MI and Mindfulness and ability to deliver and evaluate general discussion/psych-ed groups
- Ability to work autonomously and within a multi disciplinary team
- A flexible, innovative and compassionate approach.
Attractive remuneration, excellent working conditions and supported by a multidisciplinary team.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and as per the relevant Delmont EA.
Applications close: Fri 18th June 2021
Please send cover letter and CV to:
Ms. Robyn Baird
Human Resourcees Co-ordinator