Do you have the ability to lead, problem solve and provide contemporary managerial and administrative skills to ensure our clinical teams function smoothly, efficiently and cohesively?
If you are highly skilled, motivated, with excellent leadership qualities and the ability to drive and implement improvement and change, then this position is for you. This is a great opportunity to join a well established organisation with a success driven workplace culture and reputation for providing quality care.
About the Role:
We are seeking a highly experienced Manager to join our Executive Management Team. You will provide leadership, direction, organisation, governance and day to day management of our Clinical services. As a Senior Manager you will be required to develop, maintain and enhance services and relationships with Staff, Doctors and key stakeholders, utilising superior communication and organisational skills while working in a dynamic environment. This role reports to the CEO and is supported by a dedicated and caring multidisciplinary team.
- Responsibility for Hospital wide clinical service delivery
- Growing current clinical service activities
- Developing, implementing and evaluating clinical services
- Managing business / administration responsibilities
- Develop and grow positive and productive partnerships
- Leadership by example
- Liaising with relevant external agencies
- Have a genuine interest to make a difference for our Patients, Staff & Doctors
- Previous experience in a Management Executive role, preferably within mental health
- Evidence of relevant qualifications in management or a combination of both study and work experience in a health setting is desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, ability to liaise with all stakeholders
- Ability to lead, problem solve, manage, improve and make decisions in the planning and allocation of resources and staff to ensure optimal outcomes
- AHPRA Registration
- Provide evidence of COVID Vaccination prior to commencement
Delmont offers various benefits to employees including attractive remuneration (commensurate with qualifications and experience), excellent working conditions, career development and opportunity to grow and play a key role in future growth and success, workplace training and education, free onsite parking, subsidised meals, Employee Assistance Program and supported by a professional multi-disciplinary team.
A remuneration package in line with experience and responsibilities is negotiable.
Applications close: Friday 12 August 2022
Please send current CV to:
Ms Robyn Baird