Part Time Position
About The Role:
Delmont is seeking Graduate Nurses for their 2024 Mental Health Graduate Nurse Program. The Graduate Nurse Program is specifically designed for newly graduate nurses to develop confidence and competence to work in the mental health field in a supportive environment and further enhance career opportunities.
Mental Health Graduate Nurse Program extends for 12 months which includes clinical and specialty rotations in our below clinical areas:
- General Adult Psychiatry
- Substance Use and Addiction
- Aged Mental Health
- Neuro Stimulation Services (ECT and TMS)
- Delmont Day Program
- Inpatient Therapy
- Young Adult Program
- Community Outreach Services
All successful candidates will be required to enroll into Post-Graduate/Masters in Mental Health Nursing Studies.
The program is designed for newly graduate nurses however, we welcome applications from registered nurses who are seeking transition into mental health nursing.
Responsibilities/ Essential Skills or Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multidisciplinary team and autonomously as necessary
- Demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills
- Has an understanding and demonstrates knowledge of legislation guidelines and directives which lead and promote best nursing practice
- Ensures that all documentation is maintained accurately and according to hospital policy and legal requirements.
All successful candidates will be remunerated according to the Delmont Private Hospital’s Nursing Enterprise Agreement 2019
- Diverse clinical experience through clinical and specialty rotations
- Supportive environment to assist you in your transition to be a registered nurse
- Dedicated preceptor and clinical nurse educator throughout the program
- Paid study days provided to support your learning
- Flexible working hours
- Ongoing employment offered upon completion of Graduate Nurse Program and post graduate/master study as appropriate
- Eligibility for credit towards Post Graduate Studies/Masters
- Financial assistance with the Post Graduate Studies/Masters of your choice (conditions apply)
- Competitive remuneration, free onsite parking, subsidized meals, employee assistance program
- Successful completion of Bachelor of Nursing
- Registration as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia upon commencement of the Graduate Nurse Program.
- Provide a current Police Record Check and working with Children Check
- Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Australian working rights
For Further Enquiries:
Nikita Karnam, Clinical Nurse Educator,
Email – email@example.com
Zahra Dixon HR - firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply:
- Apply for 2024 Graduate Nurse Program via Seek
- Please note Delmont Private Hospital is NOT part of PMCV match process
- Please provide Cover Letter outlining the reasons for application to Graduate Mental Health Nurse Program at Delmont Private Hospital (Preferably one page).
- Include a Curriculum Vitae
- Please include two clinical referees, including their professional title, place of work and both email and phone contact details
- Provide the most recent official academic transcript including the grading key
15th November 2023