All GPs are invited to attend an education evening presented by Delmont Psychiatrists: Associate Professor Shashi Varma and Dr Vinit Mathur.
This seminar will provide updated information focusing on treatment options and its side effects for patients with schizophrenia. It will look at both medical (with an introduction of Brexpiprazole, a new antipsychotic) and psychological issues in patients. Presentations will include case vignettes & clinical management,that you, as GPs, may have experienced with your patients.
Topics covered will be:
- The range of side effects that can be associated with antipsychotic treatment.
- The differences in individual antipsychotic side-effect profiles based on receptor binding and mechanism of action.
- The impact of side effects on patient functioning and overall disease burden.
- The treatment of individual patients should be optimized for the effective control of symptoms, whilst minimizing side effects.
RSVP by: Monday 20 August, 2018 via email or telephone
Lower Ground Dining Room
300 Warrigal Road
FREE on-site parking available
6:30pm - Registration (buffet dinner included)
7:00pm - Presentations begin
9:00pm - Close
- Lisa Capper 03 9805 7321 firstname.lastname@example.org